Client: Sevan Marine
Sevan Marine has developed unique cylindrical floating installations (buoys) suitable in all offshore environments. Sevan’s business model is design – build – own and operate.
The use of human factors expertise to improve operability and maintainability is an important contribution to the success of this model. HFS were engaged at a strategic level to ensure that Working Environment (WE) is adequately and effectively integrated into Sevan projects. HFS also performed a number of WE activities in support of the strategic work.
HFS’ activities have included
- Lectures/advice about Norwegian expectations, regulations, standards
- Regulatory Compliance consultancy – maritime vs petroleum regulations
- The creation of steering documentation (e.g. WE Programme and WE Implementation Strategy, HMI and Alarm Philosophy, etc)
- The development of WE tools (e.g. WEACs, checklists)
- General WE and HF advice
- Experience Transfer (data collection from past experience and an inspection of a Sevan installation)
- A WEIA and Organisation and Manning review
- A LQ WE review
- A Job Hazards review
- Development of WE handbook for design engineers